@traces_of_gold made this deliciously dairy-free no-bake Oreo cheesecake using our cream cheese. In her own words, “Live Yum’s cheeses are cruelty-free and so so light on our pockets. Their products are like something out of a rainbow, so surreal.”
For those of you that wish to recreate this magic in your kitchens, here’s the recipe by @thehiddenveggies
For the Oreo crumb crust:
20 Oreo cookies
1/4 cup refined coconut oil (melted)
For the cheesecake filling:
2 cups Live Yum cream cheese
2/3 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup refined coconut oil
1/3 cup lemon juice
8 Oreo cookies crushed
To make the crust:
1. Place 20 Oreo cookies in a food processor and blend until they are crushed into tiny pieces. (You can also put them in a bag and hit them or roll a rolling pin over them until they are crushed).
2. Mix 1/4 cup of melted refined coconut oil with the crushed sandwich cookies and then press the mixture to the bottom of a springform pan.
3. Place in the refrigerator to cool.
To make the filling of the Oreo cheesecake:
1. Thaw the Live Yum cream cheese for about 1-2 hours before making the cheesecake to warm up to room temperature.
2. Put about 8 cookies in a sealed plastic bag and hit with the back of a wooden spoon a few times until they are crushed into pieces (about 1/4 inch in size) and set aside.
3. Put all ingredients (except crushed Oreos) in a blender and blend until creamy. (You may have to stop and scrape the edges a few times).
4. Pour the cheesecake mixture into a bowl and gently fold in the crushed Oreos. (Don’t over stir).
5. Pour your cheesecake mixture on top of the Oreo crust and use a spatula to flatten it out.
6. Place the cheesecake back in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours to firm up.
7. Decorate the top of the cheesecake with more Oreos, crushed Oreos, and vegan buttercream frosting if desired.