No-Bake Motichoor Ladoo Cheesecake Jars with layers of cheesecake, crushed boondi ladoo and a biscuit crust! Garnished with nuts, these no-bake cheesecake jars make a stunning Diwali dessert.
- 3/4 cup crushed digestive biscuits (from around 15 biscuits)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted vegan butter (melted and slightly cooled)
- Generous pinch of cardamom powder
- 8 oz vegan cream cheese (softened)
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar (50 grams, also known as confectioners sugar
- 1/2-3/4 cup non dairy whipping cream (depending how light you want the cheesecake, I used 1/2 cup)
- Few drops kesar elaichi essence (optional)
- 3-4 motichoor ladoos (crumbled, each ladoo approx 50 grams in weight)
- Nuts (for garnishing)
- Chandi ka vark (veg)/edible silver leaves (for garnishing)
1- Pulse digestive biscuits (cookies) in a food processor along with a generous pinch of cardamom powder. Pulse until the biscuits turn into fine crumbs.
2- Transfer the crumbs to a bowl and add melted (slightly cooled) butter to it.
3- Mix the cookies crumbs with the butter until it feels like wet sand.
4- Add 1 to 2 tablespoons of crumbs to each jar and press the crumbs to the bottom of the glass using the back of your spoon or with your thumb until its compact. Place the glasses in the refrigerator while you make the filling.
5- Using the paddle attachment of your stand mixer or using a hand mixer, beat the softened cream cheese for 3 to 4 minutes until softened.
Then add powdered sugar to it and mix.
6- Add the kesar elaichi essence (if using) and mix. Set the cream cheese aside.
7- In a separate bowl, beat the whipping cream until it forms stiff peaks using the wire whisk attachment of your stand mixer or use your stand mixer.
8- Start folding the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture using a spatula.
9- Fold the whipped cream in 2 to 3 parts into cream cheese mixture until it’s all combined.
10- Now crumble the boondi ladoos in a bowl.
11- Take the jars out of the refrigerator and add the first layer of cheesecake mixture on top of the crust. Then top with a layer of crumbled boondi ladoo. I used a piping bag to fill these jars.
12- Top with another layer of cheesecake filling and then finish with a layer of crumbled boondi on top. Repeat with all the remaining jars.
Recipe credit: https://www.cookwithmanali.com/motichoor-ladoo-cheesecake-jars/